[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Christian Heine heine at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Mai 18 10:48:39 MEZ 2009

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Mittwoch den 2009-05-20, 13:15 Uhr, Raum 1-43 in
der Johannisgasse 26.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von

    Sebastian Eichelbaum
    Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

    "Image Space Tensor Field Visualization Using a LIC-like Method"

Der Vortrag wird in Deutsch gehalten.

zum Inhalt:

Tensors are of great interest to many applications in engineering
and in medical imaging, but a proper analysis and visualization
remains challenging. Physics-based visualization of tensor fields
has proven to show the main features of symmetric second-order
tensor fields, while still displaying the most important information
of the data, namely the main directions in medical diffusion tensor
data using texture and additional attributes using color-coding, in
a continuous representation. Nevertheless, its application and
usability remains limited due to its computational expensive and
sensitive nature. We introduce a novel approach to compute a
fabric-like texture pattern from tensor fields on arbitrary
non-selfintersecting surfaces that is motivated by image space line
integral convolution (LIC). Our main focus lies on regaining
three-dimensionality of the data under user interaction, such as
rotation and scaling. We employ a multi-pass rendering approach to
estimate proper modification of the LIC noise input texture to
support the three-dimensional perception during user interactions.

Weitere Informationen zum Forschungsseminar sind auf der Webseite
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/bsv/bsvneu/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=123

zu finden.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Heine