[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Christian Heine heine at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mo Apr 19 14:27:21 CEST 2010

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Mittwoch den 2010-04-21, 13:15 Uhr, Raum 1-22 in
der Johannisgasse 26.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von

     Markus Rohrschneider
     Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

     "Visual Network Analysis of Dynamic Metabolic Pathways"

zum Inhalt:

We extend our previous work on the exploration of static metabolic
networks to evolving, and therefore dynamic, pathways. We apply our
visualization software to data from a simulation of early
metabolism. Thereby, we show that our technique allows us to test
and argue for or against different scenarios for the evolution of
metabolic pathways. Virtually, no aspect of the system under
research is left unconsidered due to the versatile points of view
and high scalability that is provided. This supports a profound and
efficient analysis of the structure and properties of the generated
metabolic networks and its underlying components, while giving the
user a vivid impression of the dynamics of the system. The analysis
process is inspired by Ben Shneiderman's mantra of information
visualization. For the overview, user-defined diagrams give insight
into topological changes of the graph as well as changes in the
attribute set associated with the participating enzymes, substances
and reactions. This way, ``interesting features'' in time as well as
in space can be recognized. A linked view implementation enables the
navigation into more detailed layers of perspective for in-depth
analysis of individual network configurations.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Heine