[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Christian Heine heine at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Do Apr 29 15:28:56 CEST 2010

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Montag den 2010-05-03, 15:15 Uhr, Raum 1-22 in
der Johannisgasse 26.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von

     Tomasz Kaczynski
     Université de Sherbrooke, Kanada

mit dem Titel

     "Detection of interesting dynamics
     via combinatorial index pairs"

zum Inhalt:

I will give an overview of methods based on Conley and fixed-point
indices for proving interesting features of dynamical systems such
as the existence of invariant sets or periodic orbits of specific
periods. As many mathematical statements, the ones we discuss
contain hypotheses that are not easily verified. I shall describe
the main ideas behind a computer-assisted rigorous verification of
empirically based hypotheses, namely, multivalued enclosures of
maps, their inheritable properties, combinatorial index pairs,
homology calculus, and transition graphs. This talk may hopefully
bring a reflection on possible applications of the discussed
approach to problems from other domains such as image understanding
or data visualization.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Heine