[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Christian Heine heine at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Di Aug 24 11:05:20 CEST 2010

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Donnerstag den 2010-08-26, 13:15 Uhr, Raum 1-22 in
der Johannisgasse 26.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von

     Ken Joy
     UC Davis
     University of California

mit dem Titel

     "Material Interface Reconstruction in Scientific Visualization"

zum Inhalt:

The material interface problem is a simply-defined problem that has
wide application in the visualization field. Simply stated, suppose
we have n materials in a data set, and for each cell in the data
set, we are given the fraction of each material that occupies the
cell. Can we, under some reasonable assumptions, calculate the
boundary surface between the materials in the data set. This surface
should be continuous, induce the same fractions for each cell, be
quickly computable, and have "minimal" geometry. We will review
several methods that attempt to solve this problem, and illustrate
some new techniques. These methods are applicable in volume-of-fluid
methods, neuroscience, and combustion visualization.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Heine