[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Christian Heine heine at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mo Nov 22 15:15:56 CET 2010

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Mittwoch den 2010-11-24, 13:15 Uhr, Raum 1-40 in
der Johannisgasse 26.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von

     Markus Rohrschneider
     Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

     "Visual Network Analysis of Dynamic Metabolic Pathways"

We extend our previous work on the exploration of static metabolic
networks to evolving, and therefore dynamic, pathways. We apply our
visualization software to data from a simulation of early
metabolism. Thereby, we show that our technique allows us to test
and argue for or against different scenarios for the evolution of
metabolic pathways. This supports a profound and efficient analysis
of the structure and properties of the generated metabolic networks
and its underlying components, while giving the user a vivid
impression of the dynamics of the system. The analysis process is
inspired by Ben Shneiderman's mantra of information visualization.
For the overview, user-defined diagrams give insight into
topological changes of the graph as well as changes in the attribute
set associated with the participating enzymes, substances and
reactions. This way, "interesting features" in time as well as in
space can be recognized. A linked view implementation enables the
navigation into more detailed layers of perspective for in-depth
analysis of individual network configurations.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Heine