[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Christian Heine heine at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Di Okt 19 13:23:56 CEST 2010

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Donnerstag den 2010-10-21, 15:15 Uhr, Raum 1-40 in
der Johannisgasse 26.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von

     Patrick Oesterling
     Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

     "Two-stage Framework for a Topology-Based Projection and
     Visualization of Classified Document Collections"

zum Inhalt:

During the last decades, electronic textual information has become
the world’s largest and most important information source available.
People have added a variety of daily newspapers, books, scientific
and governmental publications, blogs and private messages
to this wellspring of endless information and knowledge. Since
neither the existing nor the new information can be read in its
entirety, computers are used to extract and visualize meaningful or
interesting topics and documents from this huge information clutter.

In this paper, we extend, improve and combine existing individual
approaches into an overall framework that supports topological
analysis of high dimensional document point clouds given by the
well-known tf-idf document-term weighting method. We show why
traditional distance-based approaches fail in very high dimensional
spaces, and we describe an improved two-stage method for
topology-based projections from the original high dimensional
information space to both two dimensional (2D) and three dimensional
(3D) visualizations. To show the accuracy and usability of this
framework, we compare it to methods introduced recently and apply it
to complex document and patent collections.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Heine