[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Christian Heine heine at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mo Feb 13 13:51:23 CET 2012

E I N L A D U N G

S O N D E R T E R M I N

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Mittwoch den 15. Januar 2012, 13:15 Uhr, Raum 1-22
in der Johannisgasse 26.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von

     Stefan Jänicke
     Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

     "Visual Analysis of Heterogeneous Data"

zum Inhalt:

The amount of online data annotated with geospatial and temporal
metadata has grown rapidly in the recent years. Social networks like
Flickr and Twitter are popular providers of masses of such data, but
are hard to browse. Many systems exist that can show the data’s
geospatial distribution in a map widget and their temporal
distribution in a time widget, allowing these widgets to become
dynamic-query-like filters for data. We present a web application
that combines several existing approaches and supports comparison of
multiple, potentially large result sets of textual queries in a
geospatial and temporal context with extended interaction
capabilities. We validate our approach with several case studies and
our tool’s learnability in a field experiment.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christian Heine