[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Patrick Oesterling oesterling at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mo Jul 15 13:41:52 CEST 2013

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Mittwoch, den 17. Juli 2013, 13:15 Uhr, Raum P-701 im
Paulinum am Augustusplatz.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von:

Andre Reichenbach
Abteilung für Bild- und Signalverarbeitung
Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

"Choosing a Tractography Algorithm: On the Effects of Measurement Noise"

zum Inhalt:

Diffusion MRI tractography has evolved into a widely used, important
tool within neurosciences, providing the foundation for in-vivo fiber
anatomy and hence for mapping of structural connectivity in the human
brain. This renders it crucially important to understand the influence
of the various MRI imaging artifacts on the tractography results. In
this paper, we focus on the thermal noise that is present in all MRI
measurements and compare its effect on the output of several established
tractography algorithms. We create a reference dataset by denoising with
a Non-Local Means filter and evaluate the effect of noise added to the
reference on the tractography results with a Monte-Carlo simulation. Our
results indicate that among the algorithms tested, the Tensorlines
approach is the most robust for tracking white matter fiber bundles and
the Bayes DTI approach should be preferred for calculating gray matter
structural connectivity.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Patrick Oesterling