[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Patrick Oesterling oesterling at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mo Jun 10 09:44:09 CEST 2013

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung am Mittwoch, den 12. Juni 2013, 13:15 Uhr, Raum P-701 im
Paulinum am Augustusplatz.

Wir hören zwei Kurzvorträge (jeweils 12 Minuten + Diskussion) als
Probevortrag für die Eurovis 2013 von:

Mathias Goldau
Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

"Hierachical Poisson-Disk Sampling for Fiber Stipples "

zum Inhalt:

To understand neural tracts of the brain, neuroscientists use
visualizations of diffusion data. Fiber stippling – a technique inspired
by illustrations – accomodates probabilistic tracts, main diffusion
direction, and anatomical context in the same slice image. It uses
stratified sampling to place stipples, but this can result in overlaps
and undersampled areas that distort the perception of tract probability.
Moreover, when changing slices in an interactive setting, resampling
leads to visual noise that distracts from real changes in the data. In
this paper, we propose to use Poisson-disk samplings to ensure adequate
pattern perception inside slices and a hierarchy of samplings to ensure
coherence among slices. We also port the algorithm to the GPU to achieve
interactive frame rates. Our modifications are appreciated by
neuroscientists, who can now investigate white-matter structures more
confidently.

und:

Steven Schlegel
Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

"Determining and Visualizing Potential Sources of Floods"

zum Inhalt:

In this paper, we visually analyze spatio-temporal patterns of different
hydrologic parameters relevant for flooding. On the basis of data from
climate simulations with a high resolution regional atmosphere model,
several extreme events are selected for different river catchments in
Germany. By visually comparing the spatial distribution of the main
contributions to the run-off along with their temporal evolution for a
time period in the 20th and the 21th century, impacts of climate change
on the hydrological cycle can be identified.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Prof. Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Patrick Oesterling