[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Patrick Oesterling oesterling at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fr Feb 21 13:40:51 CET 2014

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar 'Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung' am Mittwoch, den 26. Februar 2014, 13:15 Uhr, Raum P-701
im Paulinum am Augustusplatz.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von:

Roxana Bujack
Abteilung für Bild- und Signalverarbeitung
Institut für Informatik
Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

"Moment Invariants for 2D Flow Fields Using Normalization"

zum Inhalt:

The analysis of 2D flow data is often guided by the search for
characteristic structures with semantic meaning. One way to approach
this question is to identify structures of interest by a human observer.
The challenge then, is to find similar structures in the same or other
datasets on different scales and orientations.

In this paper, we propose to use moment invariants as pattern
descriptors for flow fields. Moment invariants are one of the most
popular techniques for the description of objects in the field of image
recognition. They have recently also been applied to identify 2D vector
patterns limited to the directional properties of flow fields.

In contrast to previous work, we follow the intuitive approach of {\sl
moment normalization}, which results in a complete and independent set
of translation, rotation, and scaling invariant flow field descriptors.
They also allow to distinguish flow features with different velocity
profiles. We apply the moment invariants in a pattern recognition
algorithm to a real world dataset and show that the theoretic results
can be extended to discrete functions in a robust way.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Professor Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Patrick Oesterling