[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Forschungsseminar Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und Visualisierung

Patrick Oesterling oesterling at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mo Jul 21 13:42:03 CEST 2014

A C H T U N G: Bitte beachten Sie den von der üblichen Startzeit
abweichenden Beginn und Ort dieses Forschungsseminars!

---

E I N L A D U N G

zum Forschungsseminar 'Computergrafik, Bildverarbeitung und
Visualisierung' am Donnerstag, den 24. Juli 2014, 13:15 Uhr, Raum P-701
im Paulinum am Augustusplatz.

Wir hören einen Vortrag von:

André Reichenbach
Abteilung für Bild- und Signalverarbeitung
Institut für Informatik
Universität Leipzig

mit dem Titel

"Combined Three-Dimensional Visualization of Structural Connectivity and
Cortex Parcellation"

zum Inhalt:

The human cortex is organized in spatially distinct regions of different
functional units. Cortex parcellations based on magnetic resonance
imaging (MRI) of living human subjects are common practice, and
recently, structural connectivity from diffusion weighted resonance
imaging (dwMRI) have been successfully applied to generate such
parcellations.

As opposed to functional or effective connectivity, 3D path information
is important for structural connectivity data. This information can only
be effectively communicated in anatomical space. However, the
exploration of this data together with cortex parcellations has proven
to be challenging due to overlapping tracts and structures, limited
depth perception, and the large number of tracts which clutter the
visualization.

In this talk, I will demonstrate how we used illustrative rendering
techniques to create an interactive 3D visualization that solves these
problems. We provide an abstract visualization of the structural
connectivity while still being able to show the full detail on demand.
Furthermore, our visualization shows anatomical context and employs
textual annotations to help the user to build a mental map of the
connections in the brain.

Alle Interessierten sind im Namen von Professor Dr. Scheuermann herzlich
eingeladen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Patrick Oesterling