[NLP2RDF] Short Update

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Nov 18 10:53:18 CET 2011

Dear all,
there are several things that are progressing quite well and I just
wanted to send an update around:
1. more wrappers
2. topic ontology
3. first uri benchmarking results
4. more NLP domain ontologies
5. updates on the nif 1.0 spec

1. the field study has been finished, so there are a total of 8
implementations now:
Snowball Stemmer, Stanford Core, UIMA, Gate, OpenNLP, DBpedia Spotlight,
MontyLingua, Mallet.
The students are now writing blog posts in this category:
http://nlp2rdf.org/implementations and we will create a demo here:
http://nlp2rdf.lod2.eu/demo.php

2. one of the students (Markus Ackermann) has created a topic ontology
which models the topics given by Mallet.
It is available here and feedback is welcome:
http://nlp2rdf.lod2.eu/schema/topic/

3. We benchmarked the stabilities of URIs in our recent WWW submission
available as a draft:
http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2012/WWW_NIF/nif_public_draft.pdf

4. We found quite a lot of new ontologies that can be integrated into
NIF, e.g. the NERD ontology http://nerd.eurecom.fr/ontology/

5. Based on the experience gained during the field test there will be
some updates in the NIF 1.0 Spec, e.g. %20 instead of + when URL
encoding, there is a simple error ontology now:
http://nlp2rdf.lod2.eu/schema/error/   the way OLiA is included will be
simplified to easy disambiguation.  The only thing that will be required
is to have the minimal information which disambiguate POS tags or other
annotations w.r.t. a reference ontology. I will update the spec during
the next days as many details have to be changed.

We hope that the next email will contain the final release of the
NIF-1.0 spec
All the best,
Sebastian

--