[NLP2RDF] http://nachhalt.sfb632.uni-potsdam.de down

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Jun 18 15:59:40 CEST 2012

On 06/18/2012 03:43 PM, Jan Wielemaker wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,

> Note the differences:
>> - olia is imported now, not copied , because only some Use Cases need
>> copying it. So copying can still be done, if needed, but is not
>> mandatory any more.
>
> That is a big step forwards.  It would also be nice if all inferred
> super concepts could (optionally) be left out.
Well, yes it they will be left out also. The oliaLink is the only thing
necessary, really. The client can calculate all the rest in any way he
likes.

>> - offset_46_53_****** might not have a human readable /plaintext part
>> any more, as most of the people couldn't see the need for it.
>
> I must say that I liked that.  The URIs are already long anyway and this
> gives some readability and safety against inconsistencies.
Please feel free to take part in the discussion that will follow soon.
Nothing is yet set in stone.Although I am not sure how to manage the
decision process. Maybe voting? Or discussion until consensus is reached?
For example, it would be helpful, if you just write down a few lines
about your use case and for what you intend to use NIF.

All the best,
Sebastian