[NLP2RDF] Announcements start of work on NIF 2.0

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Apr 16 10:47:07 CEST 2013

Hi all,

1. we finally secured persistent hosting granted by our 600 year old
university.  STR and SSO will be merged into one ontology here:
http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core#
Please use the prefix nif: and vote here http://prefix.cc/nif

2. Code will be moved to GitHub:
https://github.com/NLP2RDF

3. here are some slides of a presentation I gave yesterday
http://de.slideshare.net/kurzum/nif-20-phd-thesis-intermediate-report

Note that there will be three granularities:
NIF simple (using ITS)
NIF+Stanford (using FISE)
Open Annotation (non-NIF)

NIF 2.0 will be very modular with predefined modules for off-the-shelf
solution as well as easy instructions how to add your own modules for
your special cases

We are carrying everything together now. It is difficult to keep
everything transparent. There are quite a lot of external projects and
their mailing lists involved.

All the best,
Sebastian

--