[NLP2RDF] First feedback round and pre-release announcement for W3C Recommendation

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed May 29 09:06:15 CEST 2013

Dear all,

this is an announcement that:

1. there is a new overview paper for NIF:
http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2013/ISWC_NIF/public.pdf

2. in around a month NIF will become part of a W3C Recommendation:
http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#conversion-to-nif

We already did all the hard and boring working and made the core part
*stable* for this:
http://persistence.uni-leipzig.org/nlp2rdf/ontologies/nif-core:

nif:Context
nif:RFC5147String
nif:String
nif:isString
nif:referenceContext
nif:beginIndex
nif:endIndex

Note that anchorOf is not required any more and we might even drop it:
https://github.com/NLP2RDF/persistence.uni-leipzig.org/issues/1

I think we can start now to discuss high-level things here on the list
and when it gets more specialized, we will move the issue to github:
https://github.com/NLP2RDF/persistence.uni-leipzig.org/issues

All the best,
Sebastian

--