[NLP2RDF] OLiA link: http://purl.org/olia -> http://acoli.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/resources/olia

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sat Sep 28 18:09:59 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,
thanks for the update. Note that some of the files still give a very old
redirect:
http://purl.org/olia/penn.owl
gives a 303 to
http://olia.nlp2rdf.org/owl/penn.owl

All the other ontologies are already available as Maven:
https://github.com/NLP2RDF/software#maven

I recently discovered a project called OntoMaven, but I didn't have the
time to look at it in detail:
http://www.corporate-semantic-web.de/ontomaven.html

I was wondering, whether you don't want to host OLiA at
http://acoli.cs.uni-frankfurt.de
Does your university give guarantees about persistence?

We could also give you olia.nlp2rdf.org domain.  Note that to be
included in NIF, we require you to have a persistent namespace.

This is also true for:
FISE - http://fise.iks-project.eu/ontology/
lemon - http://www.monnet-project.eu/lemon
MARL - http://marl.gi2mo.org/

I can mention them, but I am not sure I can recommend using them, since
they can disappear or move any time.

NERD - http://nerd.eurecom.fr/ontology is good, because Eurecom provides
persistence.

By the way, we are thinking about moving to CC0 for everything.

All the best,
Sebastian

Am 28.09.2013 17:31, schrieb Christian Chiarcos:
> Dear all,
>
> as written earlier to the list, my attempt to replace absolute purls
> with a partial redirect resulted in many ontologies being tombstoned.
> http://purl.org/olia will still work, but many of the links below
> won't.
> My requests to either delete or to untombstone the tombstoned purls
> have not been reacted upon in the last few *months*.
>
> Hence, all http://purl.org/olia URIs are temporarily replaced by
> http://acoli.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/resources/olia in the instance found
> under this address (not in the SVN). I hope this doesn't cause too
> much inconvenience.
>
> Best,
> Christian

Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann