[NLP2RDF] NIF and provenance

Karin Verspoor karin.verspoor at unimelb.edu.au
Sat Dec 20 12:27:48 CET 2014

Hi Peter,

Might I suggest that you consider looking at the W3C Web Annotation working group (http://www.w3.org/annotation/) and specifically the Open Annotation data model (http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/) ?

In prior work, we also tried to make a proposal to capture detailed provenance information. It is a "heavy" representation, and there is probably room for improvement, but we felt that it was important to think about how to capture compositional annotations and their provenance as well. Please see http://www.jbiomedsem.com/content/4/1/38.

Best regards,
Karin

--
Karin Verspoor, PhD
Associate Professor, Dept of Computing and Information Systems