[NLP2RDF] Release of sar-graph 1.0

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jul 16 13:22:01 CEST 2014

FYI,
Sebastian

On 15.07.2014 17:18, Feiyu Xu wrote:
> Apologies for cross-posting
> Please forward this message to colleagues in the areas of interest
>
> =============================
>     RESOURCE ANNOUNCEMENT
>     RELEASE OF sar-graph 1.0
>     http://sargraph.dfki.de <http://sargraph.dfki.de>
> =============================
>
> The following resource will be released on META-SHARE and is already
> available as a pre-release at http://sargraph.dfki.de.
>
> A *sar-graph* is a graph containing linguistic knowledge at syntactic
> and lexical semantic levels for a given language and target relation.
> a sar-graph for a targeted relation assembles many linguistic patterns
> that are used in texts to mention this relation.  The
> term semantically associated relations graph was chosen since
> the patterns may either express the target relation directly or by
> expressing a semantically associated relation. The nodes in a
> sar-graph are either semantic arguments of a target relation or
> content words (to be more exact, their word senses) needed
> to express/recognize an instance of the target relation. The nodes are
> connected by two kinds of edges: syntactic dependency
> structure relations and lexical semantic relations. Thus they are
> labelled with dependency-structure tags provided by a parser or
> lexical-semantic relation tags. A definition can be found in
> (Uszkoreit and Xu, 2013). The individual patterns are assembled in one
> graph per target relation for an easier combination of mentions
> gathered across sentences, but all patterns could also be employed
> individually.
>
> *From Strings to Things
> SAR-Graphs: A New Type of Resource for Connecting Knowledge and Language*
> Hans Uszkoreit and Feiyu Xu (2013)
> In Proceedings of 1st International Workshop on NLP and DBpedia
> (NLP&DBPedia),  volume 1064, Sydney, NSW, Australia, CEUR
> Workshop Proceedings, 10/2013
>
> The current sar-graph version 1.0 contains syntactic dependency
> relations between content words. In future versions, we will integrate
> lexical semantic relations between word senses.
>
> In the current version, the patterns have been automatically learned
> by the web-scale version *Web-DARE* (Krause et al., 2012) of the
> relation extraction system *DARE *(Xu et al., 2007) from dependency
> structures obtained by parsing sentential  mentions of the target
> relation. DARE patterns contain the content words that signal the
> mentioned (semantically associated) relation and by the syntactic
> dependencies that combine these words and link them with the phrases
> representing the arguments of the target relation. Thus, a sar-graph
> is composed of syntactic dependency graphs. Their edges
> denote dependency relations. Each edge is labeled with the tag
> the parser has assigned to the dependency. Vertices come in
> two flavors: One type of vertices denotes a regular node in a
> dependency structure, thus it is labeled with a word. Vertices of the
> [...]

Sebastian Hellmann
AKSW/NLP2RDF research group
Insitute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) and DBpedia Association
Events:
* *Sept. 1-5, 2014* Conference Week in Leipzig, including
** *Sept 2nd*, MLODE 2014
** *Sept 3rd*, 2nd DBpedia Community Meeting
** *Sept 4th-5th*, SEMANTiCS (formerly i-SEMANTICS) <http://semantics.cc/>
Venha para a Alemanha como PhD: http://bis.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/csf
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://nlp2rdf.org,
http://linguistics.okfn.org, https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt