[NLP2RDF] Reading and enriching NIF documents with Babelfy

Andrea Moro andrea8moro at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 12:25:05 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I started writing some code to annotate and enrich NIF documents
with Babelfy.org. You can find it here: http://pastebin.com/USLL7ENi

There are three Babelfy-specific classes: IBabelfy
<http://babelfy.io/javadoc/it/uniroma1/lcl/babelfy/commons/IBabelfy.html#babelfy-java.lang.String-it.uniroma1.lcl.jlt.util.Language->
(the
interface of
the babelfy main object), SemanticAnnotation
<http://babelfy.io/javadoc/it/uniroma1/lcl/babelfy/commons/annotation/SemanticAnnotation.html>
(annotation
outputted
by babelfy), Language
<http://babelfy.io/javadoc/it/uniroma1/lcl/jlt/util/Language.html> (an enum
of the available languages)

The idea is to:

1) get a NIF document as input;
2) go through each context-string(/text-document);
2.a) annotate it with babelfy;
2.b) add the annotations to the NIF document.
3) return a string representation of the enriched NIF document

Does this way of handling NIF documents make sense to you?

Another issue that I had was about the identifiers to be used for
the semantic annotations. I simply added /babelfy/char=offset
to the namespace/id of the document. is this reasonable?

Excuse me, but I'm not familiar at all with rdf/nif formats.

Best regards,
Andrea Moro