[NLP2RDF] NIF ontology: broken links

Antonin Delpeuch (lists) lists at antonin.delpeuch.eu
Tue Feb 5 16:02:05 CET 2019

Hi Sebastian,

Great, thanks! Beyond the description of the ontology, it would be quite
useful to have a more explanatory description of NIF as a file format
for NERD datasets. The ontology only loosely describes the format: for
instance, it is not clear to me which statements are required, which
ones are optional, which ones can have multiple values, and so on.
Moreover, the NIF format also uses predicates from other namespaces
which are not described there, so that makes it even harder to
understand, I think.

Having such a document (with examples) would really encourage people
from outside the semantic web community (such as NLP researchers not
familiar with these terminologies) to embrace the format, I think.

Best,
Antonin