[OpenWalnut-Dev] [INFO] Doxygen Warnings

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Dec 1 15:58:31 CET 2009

Mathias Goldau schrieb:
> Sebastian Eichelbaum wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> we have a warning log in doc/developer/doxyerror.log after calling "make
>> doc". This file contains warnings for undocumented members and parameters.
>>
>> You should check this file on a regular basis to ensure a good &
>> complete developer documentation.
>
> this generally a good idea, I think a better approach is that every
> warning acts as an error => so everyone may check on checkin time if he
> forgot something to document, and we could check this via buildbot
> failures too.
>
> Mathias

This was my idea at first too. Problem: we have ~466 Warnings. If we introduce
this new rule (warnings=errors) everybody has to spend some time to document its
code. I have done this (hopefully) for my code but there is a lot of
undocumented code in gui and dataHandler.

We should discuss this on the next meeting and set a due-date. After this date
the documentation warnings are assumed to be errors. I add it to the agenda.

Sebastian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Sebastian Eichelbaum
Universität Leipzig