[OpenWalnut-Dev] Christmas presents for OpenWalnut

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Dec 23 13:11:35 CET 2009

Hi List

I made the last changes this year on OpenWalnut. Here is a short list:

* The WGraphicsEngine is now a singleton. No more
"WKernel::getRunningKernel()->getGraphicsEngine()->stuff()". Use
WGraphicsEngine::getGraphicsEngine()->stuff() instead.

* Fonts and other resources that are used in OSG (like fonts) can now be managed
using WGEResourceManager, which also is a singleton.
   * currently this only contains some simple path getters
   * in future this might also be useful for managing standard shaders (like
those combining several textures on a surface, which is used by many algorithms)
or icons/symbols used in the scene as we do NOT want hard coded paths
distributed all over our source tree

* WKernel::getAppPath and WKernel::getShaderPath are now static
   * now it can be used before the kernel has been loaded (as done in
WGEResourceManager)

* WKernel::findAppPath now uses a new and better method to find its path. It
uses getcwd from the posix standard to get the CURRENT WORKING DIRECTORY, which
is the better way in the unix world. To ensure that OpenWalnut starts with the
proper working dir use the run script "bin/run"

* osgViewer::StatsHandler find its fonts properly
   * I have added a file arial.ttf to the font directory which actually is a
copy of one of those liberation fonts
   * note: the font arial.ttf is hardcoded into StatsHandler so we can't change it
   * in conjunction with the new run script it is ensured that the StatsHandler
always finds its fonts

Now I wish everybody nice holidays :-)
Sebastian

--