[OpenWalnut-Dev] duplicate class names

Ralph Schurade schurade at cbs.mpg.de
Wed Oct 6 19:37:29 CEST 2010

Hello All,

today i was hunting down a bug/crash that didn't make sense at all.
In the end i found out it was because someone created a class (in common)
with the same name as one that was already in use in the module in question.
Now the compiler and linker obviously had no problem with that, not even
a warning, but it crashed at runtime.

So the question here is, how to avoid this? Can we tweak the stylechecker
to look for something like that? Namespaces? Even though we don't like them.

Opinions?

---
Ralph Schurade

Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Stephanstrasse 1a
P.O. Box 500355
04103 Leipzig
Germany