[OpenWalnut-Dev] WMatrixFixed

Anne Berres a_berres at informatik.uni-kl.de
Mon May 23 14:57:16 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'd like to add some functionality to WMatrixFixed:

- getters and setters for rows using 3d/4d vectors, e.g. (of course using templates)
-- osg::Vec4 getRow( int index )
-- void setRow( int index, osg::Vec4 vector )

- alternatively/additionally: explicit setters, e.g.
--- void setRow( int index, double x, double y, double z, double w )

- a constructor using vectors (possibly problematic/ugly if you provide it for both rows *and* columns)

These changes would result in having
- getRow() to get a specific row
- getRows() to get the number of rows
This may be confusing so I would suggest renaming getRows() to getRowCount() or getRow() to getSingleRow().

Of course, all this includes the corresponding changes to columns.

Any objections? Is it total nonsense? Should I do it differently? Is there already a way to do this that I didn't see?

Cheers,
Anne