[OpenWalnut-Dev] [Minutes of OpenWalnut-Meeting] 2011-08-31

Alexander Wiebel wiebel_openwalnut at dergrosse.de
Thu Sep 1 09:41:46 CEST 2011

Hi list,
here are the minute of the last OpenWalnut meeting. This is a draft that
will become the actual minutes if there are no objections within two
weeks. Objections will lead to a new draft.

* Minutes <2011-08-31 Wed>
** Attendees:
   Mario, Alex, Mathias, Stefan P., Christian, Andre, Ralph
** Topics
   * Links to free test data by Alex and FSL in Wiki
(http://www.openwalnut.org/projects/openwalnut/wiki/Documentation)
     - Alex:
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~wiebel/public_data/index.html
     - FSL : http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/feeds/doc/index.html
   * Wishes for the future as wiki page instead of milestone
http://www.openwalnut.org/projects/openwalnut/wiki/WishesForTheFuture
   * Stopping modules in various scenarios is a topic of lively discussions.
     - Abort button is interesting and should be discussed
     - Maybe stopping modules and restarting after changed parameters
     - Do we really want to have the modules "apply" buttons removed?
        How about adding a checkbox that can enable/disable them
       ... like in Amira.
     - Apply Buttons interferes with batch processing
   * Popup dialog for errors in modules sounds reasonable.
     - Alex believes to remember some serious arguments against this
from Sebastian in earlier discussions.
   * Save/Load in GUI discussed again
     - A ticket already exists. Comments to this ticket are welcome.
Main idea is that loading/saving will be better
      integrated in main GUI (as opposed to in module settings) but
still use modules for loading. http://www.openwalnut.org/issues/32
   * Expression templates presented by Christian
     - He asks whether this is interesting for us. Most attendees agree
that it is interesting.
     - He did produce a nice 400 lines code including tests.
     - Possible applications are WMatrixFixed WVectorFixed
   * We discussed that SWIG would be a good framework for long desired
python bindings for OpenWalnut. We should check
     portability. http://www.swig.org/compat.html