[OpenWalnut-Dev] OpenWalnut and GCC 4.7

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Jun 12 16:44:08 CEST 2012

Hi List

Currently I have a strange error caused by Boost Spirit. Boost Spirit is used in WStructuredTextParser and worked for a while now. On my Debian with boost 1.49.0 and Gcc 4.7 I get this error:

/usr/include/boost/spirit/home/qi/parse.hpp: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

So GCC seems to crash. If you also encounter this problem, the intermediate solution is to use an older GCC. To force cmake to use the older compiler call it this way:

CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.6 CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.6 ccmake ../src

But remember to completely remove all the build and cmake files from you build dir before doing this. You CANNOT switch the compiler once cmake was run once.

Hopefully this helps someone.
Bye
Sebastian

--