[OpenWalnut-Dev] WItemSelection & friends improvement

Christof Pieloth pieloth at labp.htwk-leipzig.de
Mon May 14 15:30:20 CEST 2012

Hello everybody,

we are using a "WItemSelection" & friends very often in our project and
missing a feature.
In most of our cases we fill a "WItemSelection" with an enum and have to
code our own mapper to get the corresponding enum value for the selected
"WItemSelectionItem", which we get from "WItemSelector.at()". We may can
extend "WItemSelectionItem" to a template to hold a value of a generic
type and a method like "T WItemSelectionItem.getValue()". So you can use
a switch-case straight away.
What are you thinking of this idea?

Best regards
Christof

--
HTWK Leipzig, University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology

fon:  +49 (0) 341 3076 3133
fax:  +49 (0) 341 3076 853133
mail: pieloth 'at' labp.htwk-leipzig.de