[OpenWalnut-Dev] Watching std::vector contents in Eclipse (debuggihng)

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf at vclabor.awmw.org
Sun Aug 17 14:48:40 CEST 2014

Hello,

maybe it may be a very general question but I can't find a real solution
for over one year. I agree to you that it may be something very common.

But I still have big difficulties on some very basic debugging skills in
C++ using Eclipse.
At the moment I'm troubling watching std::vector contents during
debugging. Right click on a vector and "display as Array..." gives an
error. No chance. Adding an expression works (e. g. "vector.size() or
vector[0]"). But sometimews I do have no chance. Often I also have to
pass a vector through many getters.
The same problems hit also on an empty eclipse hello world project or
kind of that.

How to fix that? Is the only solution to put "cout << vector[0] << endl;
"and so on that is at the moment my only working solution? Unfortunately
I still weaste much time.

Hw to watch std::vector during debugging? is Eclipse the wrong
development for OpenWalnut? Does somebody use another integrated
development environment where such problemns aren't known at all?