[OpenWalnut-Dev] [BUG] Empty/white dialog boxes when using WUIGridWidget

Christof Pieloth pieloth at labp.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Dec 10 12:01:52 CET 2014

Hello OW Team,

I found a problem with modules which are using WUIGridWidget. If you add
a module with an opened WUIGridWidget all dialog boxes, e.g. save
project or file picker, are empty/white, see attached image.
If you have the module added, but no view was opended so far or the view
is closed on start, the dialogs are ok, e.g. you can choose your file.
The error does not occur in our modules which are using a WUIViewWidget.
I can reproduce the bug with the Template UI module on our 64bit Ubuntu
12.04 and 14.04 machines. 12.04 is using Qt 5.3.2 from the online
installer and 14.04 is using Qt 5.2.1 from the repository.

hg bisect tells me that the error appears first in:
Änderung:        7233:0c8b3691c00f
Zweig:           OpenWalnut_1.4
Vorgänger:       7227:ba62ab063160
Nutzer:          Sebastian Eichelbaum <sebastian.eichelbaum at nemtics.com>
Datum:           Sat Oct 11 20:17:58 2014 +0200
Zusammenfassung: [FIX] graphics engine missed to alloc the viewer in
single threaded mode, causing a crash on startup on MacOS.

Cheerio!
Christof

--
Christof Pieloth, M.Sc.
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

HTWK Leipzig, University of Applied Sciences
Laboratory for Biosignal Processing (LaBP)
Eilenburger Str. 13
04317 Leipzig

tel:  +49 (0) 341 3076 3133
fax:  +49 (0) 341 3076 853133
email: pieloth 'at' labp.htwk-leipzig.de
web: www.labp.htwk-leipzig.de