[OpenWalnut-Dev] OpenWalnut on XPS 12 convertable ultrabook

Alexander Wiebel wiebel_openwalnut at dergrosse.de
Thu Feb 26 22:52:22 CET 2015

Dear fellow developer,
I just want to let you know that I got a notebook that has a touch
screen (Dell XPS 12) and OpenWalnut builds and runs perfectly on it
(Debian as a basis).

This is nice. But what really made me send this e-mail is the fact that
I was overwhelmed by the intuitiveness of the interaction when trying to
rotate the generated geometry using my touch screen. Touching on the
screen is a very natural and absolutely great way of doing this and it
works out of the box. Even panning on the touchsSCREEN works when I
press two fingers of the other hand on the touchPAD.

I believe that only small changes in OpenWalnut and a somewhat better
support of MULTItouch for my screen on Debian would make the experience
perfect.

Cheers,
Alex