[OpenWalnut-Dev] Comipling latest version with Qt4 qui?

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Mar 6 18:46:26 CET 2015

Hi David, Hi Alfred, Hi List,

I have checked the Qt5 issue again. I have added some code to our CMake setup to allow for easier path-specification but, besides this, Qt5 worked as Christof mentioned earlier. To get the latest version, please do the following:

cd /path/to/openwalnut
hg pull
hg up Release_latest      (NOTE @David: it is a new one)

You will now have 1.4.0rc3. Then, clean up your old build directories, just to ensure that now old cmake stuff messes things up.

cd build
rm -rf *   (this will remove everything inside build)

Then call Cmake again and tell it where to find Qt. In my case, I downloaded the official Linux Qt5 installer from http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/ and installed Qt5.4 to /home/sebastian/.local/Qt5:

QTDIR=/home/sebastian/.local/Qt5/5.4/gcc_64 cmake ../src

Ensure you add the "5.4/gcc_64" to your path. This should ensure that Qt can be found. Now, build again:

make -jN   (where N is the number of parallel build processes)

I have done this 15min ago, and it worked flawlessly. If you still have problems, please report back with the compilation log. You can get a detailled log via: "make VERBOSE=1".

I hope this helped. It is nothing complicated. Just ensure you start in a clean build directory.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Dr. rer. nat. Sebastian Eichelbaum