[OpenWalnut] Fiber format Trackvis / Commandline startup

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Dec 28 11:33:29 CET 2010

Hi

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Stephan Gerhard wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I managed to compile OpenWalnut! Even though I had to disable teem,
> there was a missing include (teem/elf.h) even though I had teem 1.10
> installed on my machine.
>
> It looks great so far!
>
> I wanted to load some tractography data which I have in TrackVis format
> - which is quite commonly used. I found support only for .fib data. I
> could not find out how to convert MedINRIA .fib to trackvis.
>
> Is there an easy way to convert it, i.e. what is the specification
> for .fib files (I could write my own writer if it is not too
> complicated), or is there a plan to support trackvis files?

The writer is very easy. All the things you need is in src/dataHandler/io/WWriterFiberVTK.cpp ... About 50 Lines of code. Basically, you have a set of arrays. Vertex Array and Line Array which contains the indices to the vertices for each line.

> Another question: Is there a command line option to start open walnut
> directly giving an input files?

Yes. Simply use something like "bin/walnut fileToLoad.nii.gz" on command line. You can also save project files. Saved files can be loaded from command line using the -p option: "walnut -p projectFile.owp".