[OpenWalnut] 2D Delaunay Triangulation

Mathias Goldau math at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Aug 28 10:08:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

is there some code for a Delaunay Triangulation available? I know I can
employ CGAL for this, but I need to modify the Delaunay-Triangulation
criteria and this seems not possible inside of CGAL:

The geometric traits has to be a model of the concept
DelaunayTriangulationTraits_2 which refines the concept
TriangulationTraits_2. In particular this concept provides the
side_of_oriented_circle predicate which, given four points p,q,r,s
decides the position of the point s with respect to the circle passing
through p, q and r. The side_of_oriented_circle predicate actually
defines the Delaunay triangulation. Changing this predicate allows to
build variant of Delaunay triangulations for different metrics such that
L1 or L∞ metric or any metric defined by a convex object. However, the
user of an exotic metric must be careful that the constructed
triangulation has to be a triangulation of the convex hull which means
that convex hull edges have to be Delaunay edges. This is granted for
any smooth convex metric (like L2) and can be ensured for other metrics
(like L∞) by the addition to the point set of well chosen sentinel points.

If not I will contribute one, as I've a deadline very soon.

Cheers,
math

--
Universität Leipzig