[Qrowd] market validation --> Elena

Andreas Both andreas.both at unister.de
Fr Apr 18 15:05:27 CEST 2014

Hi Elena,

here is my text analogous to the one SWC's Martin has written:

----

Datasets that will be harvested in WP 5 are for instance Eurostat,
GeoNames (http://www.geonames.org/), Linked Geo Data
(http://linkedgeodata.org/) or Open Street Map
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/), Natural Earth
(http://www.naturalearthdata.com/). In addition several private data
sets will be integrated, in particular these are data feeds collecting
hotels, airport information, flight connections, CRM data, focus groups
and texts about different entities. In general there are several data
suppliers for the same category of data items.
The format of the data sets are diverse, e.g., RDF representations, CSV
files, JSON object s (via web APIs), Dump files of databases, text files
or shape files for geo-spatial representations as well as binary APis on
top of SPARQL or SQL endpoints. The provided languages per data set are
also very diverse. Most are available with English labels or
descriptions, some are only available with German annotations. In
addition several data feeds focusing on one entity class only (e.g.,
hotel data feeds) provide their information in English, German, French,
Italian, Spanish and Chinese.

Unister will perform the market validation via some major player within
the German online tourism business. These are ab-in-den-urlaub.de,
fluege.de and reisen.de. In addition the cross-border and multilingual
aspect can be addressed by the tourism web portals travel24.co.uk,
vol24.fr and vlucht24.nl.

---

Regards,
Andreas

--

Dr. Andreas Both
Head of Research and Development

Unister GmbH
Barfußgaesschen 11 | 04109 Leipzig | Germany

Phone: +49 (0)341 65050 24496
eMail: andreas.both at unister-gmbh.de
web: http://www.unister.de

Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Andreas Prokop
Amtsgericht Leipzig, HRB: 19056