[Theory-list] WATA 2023 --- First announcement

Andreas Maletti andreas.maletti at uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jul 19 16:13:45 CEST 2023

Apologies for multiple copies of this email

First Announcement and Call for Submissions

11th International Workshop
Weighted Automata: Theory and Applications
WATA 2023

October 4-7, 2023, Leipzig, Germany

http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/wata2023/

The workshop covers all aspects of weighted automata, ranging from the
theory
of weighted automata and quantitative logics to applications for real-time
systems and natural language processing.  The aim is to present
tutorials and
survey lectures by outstanding scientists in this area.  We invite
everybody
to participate in this workshop without fee and to present their own
technical
contributions in this area.

We are happy to announce the following tutorials and survey lectures:

Tutorials

      Prakash Panangaden  (McGill, Montreal, Canada)
      Heiko Vogler       (TU Dresden, Germany)

Survey lectures

      Frank Drewes       (Umeå, Sweden)
      Zoltán Fülöp       (Szeged, Hungary)
      Paul Gastin       (Paris-Saclay, France)
      Peter Kostolányi       (Bratislava, Slovakia)
      Kim Larsen       (Aalborg, Denmark)
      Jacques Sakarovitch    (Paris, France)

Call for Participation

Interested participants are most welcome.  If you wish to present a
technical
contribution, please send an abstract (preferably of at most one page) by
September 1, 2023 to "wata2023 at informatik.uni-leipzig.de". These
contributions
do not count as publications; submission of relevant, already published or
submitted results is allowed.  Authors will be informed about acceptance of
their submissions by September 8, 2023.  We plan to accept contributions
close
to their submission date.

Call for Papers

We plan to have a special issue of "Information and Computation" on the
topics
of this workshop.  Participation in WATA 2023 is encouraged, but is not a
prerequisite for a submission.  Submissions can be either original research
papers or surveys.  All submissions will be refereed according to the usual
high journal standards.  We intend to ensure a quick refereeing process.
Details will be announced later.

Registration

There is no registration fee.  The registration deadline is September
15, 2023.
In order to register, please send your name, affiliation, e-mail address,
intended length of participation to "wata2023 at informatik.uni-leipzig.de"
and
state if you want to attend the conference dinner (not for free) or not.

There are limited resources to partially compensate the travel expenses of
participating Ph.D. students, young scientists, and scientists from Eastern
countries.  Please, contact us at "wata2023 at informatik.uni-leipzig.de"
by September 1, 2023 to give us enough time to make a fair decision.

Important Dates

submission of abstracts:        September 1, 2023
application for financial support:    September 1, 2023
notification of acceptance:        September 8, 2023
registration:                September 15, 2023
workshop:                October 4-7, 2023

Accommodation

We kindly ask participants to book rooms by themselves.

We have pre-reserved a limited number of rooms, keyword "WATA", near the
main
station, for the participants of WATA 2023. Please note the expiration
dates
of the special pre-reservations, so please book your room before
expiration.

Intercity Hotel Leipzig
Tröndlinring 2
04105 Leipzig
(reserved until September 5, 2023)

Single and double rooms cost 99 and 119 euros per night, respectively,
including breakfast. These rates also include free tickets for public
transit
for the duration of your stay. You can book these rooms by calling
+49 341 308 661 888 and mention the keyword "WATA". Cancellation is
possible
free of charge a week before the planned arrival day.  We kindly ask
participants to book rooms by themselves.

In the appendix you can find this announcement as a poster.  We would be
thankful if you could distribute it in your group or to interested
colleagues.

It would be very nice if we could welcome you in Leipzig!

Organizers

Manfred Droste (Universität Leipzig)
Andreas Maletti (Universität Leipzig)