[W12.bis.dssnp] 2nd xodx dssnp teleconf - summary (2012-12-17)

Natanael Arndt arndtn at gmail.com
Mo Jan 7 00:58:04 CET 2013

In this mail I'll give an overview of the topics we have discussed at
the second xodx dssnp teleconf at December 17th 2012 (sorry for the delay).

Since the 1st teleconf Sebastian got Erfurt running with Virtuoso (due
to the new kernel). Now everybody has a WebID (FOAF-Profile) served with
xodx running on his freedom box. (mine is [1])

We asked our selves how to messure the resource consumption of xodx to
make sure the software matches the requirements formulated on [2] or are
those only relevant for the hardware?

For the next meeting we have decided, that everybody will setup a local
development environment for easier testing and development.
As goal for the dssnp we have assigned following tasks:
Sebastian will do some organization on the user interface to make sure
the existing functions are exposed to the user. This task includes
formulating SparQL queries for the information to display
Iman will write a special ResourceController for publication centric
resources (e.g. book controller, …) which will enable users to share
information about a publication and help to spinn a network between
publishers.
Natanael will try to keep the code together and do some maintenance
(merging, testing). This will start with merging the changes made by
Norman, Make sure friending works again, add more documentation to the
code (especially PuSH related methods), implement user notifications
(e.g. pings) and change the Ping methods to use Erfurt_Ping.

Nate

[1] http://fb.comiles.eu/?c=person&id=natanael
[2]
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/HardwareRequirements#Performance_requirements