[Forschungsseminar-BSV] Research Seminar 'Computer Graphics, Image Processing, and Visualization'

Tom Liebmann liebmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fr Okt 2 07:13:55 CEST 2015

A T T E N T I O N: Please note that the seminar will take place on a day
different than usual.

I N V I T A T I O N

to the Research Seminar 'Computer Graphics, Image Processing, and
Visualization'

     on Monday, October 5th, 2015, at 1:15 PM,
     in Room P-701 in the Paulinum, Augustusplatz.

The talk is given by

     Dr. Mathias Goldau
     Image and Signal Processing Group
     Institute of Computer Science
     Leipzig University

and is entitled

     "Interactive GPU-based Visualization of Scalar Data with Gaussian
Distributed Uncertainty".

Abstract:

     We present a GPU-based approach to visualize samples of normally
     distributed uncertain, three-dimensional scalar data. Our approach
uses a
     mathematically sound interpolation scheme, i.e., Gaussian process
     regression. The focus of this work is to demonstrate, that
GP-regression
     can be a used for interpolation in practice, despite the high
computational
     costs. The potential of our method is demonstrated by an
interactive volume
     rendering of three-dimensional data, where the gradient estimation is
     directly computed by the field function without the need of additional
     sample points of the underlying data. We illustrate our method using
     three-dimensional data sets of the medical research domain.

On behalf of Professor Scheuermann all those interested are cordially
invited to attend.

Yours sincerely,

Tom Liebmann