[NLP2RDF] UIMA and NIF, was Re: [Corpora-List] Announcement: NLP Interchange Format(NIF)

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Dec 12 19:04:26 CET 2011

Hello Siddharta,

I am not aware of a generic UIMA RDF import or any inference engines, so I can not give you any clues for the reverse transition. (it might be better to ask somebody else on this.)

Once you export the data to RDF, data integration should not be so difficult (Data integration is one of the strengths of RDF .)
Here is the link to the NIF export prototype :
https://bitbucket.org/gruenerkaktus/uimanif/overview
Please contact the developer directly for any questions and cc me and/or the nlp2rdf list.

As a triple store, the LOD2 stack builds on virtuoso universal server . There is a free open source version on sourceforge.
For owl reasoning there is Pellet. There are dozens of other implementations available. Many people also seem to like implementing their own triple store nowadays for whatever reason.

That was quite a general answer, to be more precise, I would need more infos. Sebastian

--
Sent with my mobile phone, please excuse my brevity, Sebastian

Siddhartha Jonnalagadda <sid.kgp at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Sebastian. Your comments aim to address my question directly. A reverse transition of the ontologies (I'm specifically interested in biomedical ontologies) to UIMA type system could also do. What is a good starting point/reference for that? It is achievable with few weeks of programming, but is there something I could reuse?

Sincerely,
Siddhartha Jonnalagadda, Ph.D.
sjonnalagadda.wordpress.com