[NLP2RDF] for your kind help

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sat Aug 4 11:57:54 CEST 2012

Dear Qingliang Miao,
thank you for your questions, it is always a good opportunity to update
the documentation.
I created two wiki pages:
http://wiki.nlp2rdf.org/wiki/OLiA
http://wiki.nlp2rdf.org/wiki/Infrastructure

 > 1) Do the wrappers change the annotation result of NLP Tools into RDF
format?

Yes, the wrapper are intended to query the annotations from the NLP tool
and then convert them into RDF format.

 > 2) How does the wrapper work? Does it change automatically? For
example, a POS Tagger has the output like this “semantic/JJ”, and we can
have the statement “ld:offset_14406_14414_Semantic sso:posTag "JJ"”, but
how can we obtain the statements: ld:offset_14406_14414_Semantic
sso:oliaLink penn:JJ and ld:offset_14406_14414_Semantic rdf:type
olia:Adjective; do we use the string similarity to match the output “JJ”
with “penn:JJ”, or other methods?I created

The OLiA Ontology provide processing orders for this.
You can either:
1. write your tranformer, see http://wiki.nlp2rdf.org/wiki/OLiA
2. use premade csv file, e.g. for penn there is one at
http://olia.nlp2rdf.org/owl/penn.owl.csv and
http://olia.nlp2rdf.org/owl/penn-link.rdf.csv
See here for more conventions:
http://wiki.nlp2rdf.org/wiki/Infrastructure#OLiA

If you are planing to implement your own transformer, please consider
contributing your code.
All the best,
Sebastian

--