[NLP2RDF] ITS and NIF 2.0

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jun 13 16:41:11 CEST 2012

Dear all,
I gave a talk two days ago at the MultilingualWeb workshop in Dublin[1].

The ITS community will create some data categories that relate to
Linguistic annotation, especially when it comes to tagging entities.
This means that they will standardize properties, which we might reuse
for NIF.
The ITS attributes might be looking like this and are included inline in
the HTML:
***********************************
Welcome to <span  translate="no"
     itsx-mentions="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Dublin"
     itsx-entity-type="http://nerd.eurecom.fr/ontology#City"
 >Dublin<span  hidden="hidden"  itsx-alternative-label="Dublin"
lang="en"></span></span>!
***********************************
It would be straight forward to use these attributes in an OWL ontology
and then include them in NIF
What are your thoughts?
The relevant categories can be found here in the Working draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/its2req/#Terminology

All the best,
Sebastian

[1]