[NLP2RDF] NIF 2.0 Roadmap

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jun 13 17:01:58 CEST 2012

Dear all,
I just wanted to update you on the current plans regarding NIF 2.0 :
In the last months there has been immense feedback from all sides and
quite often it has not been done on this mailing list, but in private
mails and conversation.
For the beginning, I think that this is quite alright as NIF is still
very young (first release was in September 2011) , but as it matures
this will have to change.

So here is the plan:

We will collect all the feedback that has been given and prepare a NIF
2.0-Draft version within the next month.
The draft will be kept in a media wiki so everybody will be able to help
improve it and write comments and revise it.
There will also be an open request for comments spread on the mailing list.

The most recent literature regarding NIF can be found below. There are
some major changes, which have not been incorporated into the online
ontology and implementation for obvious reason (stability). We will soon
find a way to version the ontologies and update them.

All the best,
Sebastian*
*
1. (Note that this paper is accepted, but this is *not* the final
version) Sebastian Hellmann, Jens Lehmann und Sören Auer: Towards an
Ontology for Representing Strings In: Proceedings of the EKAW 2012:
http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2012/WWW_NIF/public/string_ontology.pdf
2. Sören Auer und Sebastian Hellmann: The Web of Data: Decentralized,
collaborative, interlinked and interoperable In: LREC 2012
http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2012/keynotes/LREC%202012.Keynote%20Speech%201.Soeren%20Auer.pdf

3. Giuseppe Rizzo, Raphaël Troncy, Sebastian Hellmann und Martin
Bruemmer: NERD meets NIF: Lifting NLP extraction results to the linked
data cloud In: LDOW, 5th Workshop on Linked Data on the Web, April 16,
2012, Lyon, France
http://nerd.eurecom.fr/ui/paper/Rizzo_Troncy_Hellmann_Bruemmer-ldow2012.pdf

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann