[NLP2RDF] Guidelines for RESTful NIF-based services

Sebastian Hellmann hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Sep 23 12:47:41 CEST 2014

Hi Philipp,
sorry, I should have taken a look earlier. I about to go on holiday in
two days and as you might know the pre-holiday time is quite work
intensive...

Yes, the guidelines look very good. I am happy that you could extract
this from documentation.

Ciro deployed stanford and opennlp the other day and gets things
runnging again:
http://demo.nlp2rdf.org:9999/stanfordcorenlpn?f=text&i=This+is+a+test.&t=direct

There are some minor changes, which need to be discussed.

for begin and endIndex:
Serializer should use xsd:int , Parser must accept xsd:int, xsd:long and
xsd:nonNegativeInteger and no datatype
Note: xsd:int (32-bit signed int) is optimized by most databases and
therefore provides benefits for SPARQL out of the box.
xsd:nonNegativeInteger is the correct datatype allowing the right-open
interval of [0,inf) but I am not sure, if this datatype is implemented.

for anchorOf and isString:
Serializer must use xsd:string
-> this is to avoid people adding nametags, which can be ambiguous.

Other than that very good.
There is a second way to chain parsers via:
curl http://service1 -d t="url"   --dataurlencode
"http://demo.nlp2rdf.org:9999/stanfordcorenlpn?f=text&i=This+is+a+test.&t=direct"

All the best,
Sebastian

On 23.09.2014 09:16, Philipp Cimiano wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>   I was wondering why I have received no feedback other than from
> Mariano Rico on the document I sent two weeks ago. My goal is to
> finalize the guidelines for the LIDER project this week, so I would
> appreciate any feedback. Confirming that the way we have implemented
> the NIF-based services is fine would also be an important type of
> feedback ;-)
>
> I attach the document again for ease of reference.
>
> Any feedback is welcome, thanks a lot!
>
> Philipp.
>
> Am 09.09.14 16:27, schrieb Philipp Cimiano:
>> Dear all,
>>
>>  I just joined the list. In the context of the European LIDER
>> project, I am trying to put together some guidelines on how to
>> implement NIF-based Restful NLP services.
>>
>> Our student Benjamin Siemoneit (CC) has put together a document
>> describing how he has set up two services, wrapping the Stanford POS
>> tagger and the Stanford parser.
>>
>> The document is attached. I would be very happy to get some feedback
>> on the document, i.e. on
>>
>> 1) Parameters of services
>> 2) use of NIF vocabulary
>> 3) chaining of services via curl
>>
>> Enjoy the document ;-)
>>
>> Philipp.

Sebastian Hellmann
AKSW/NLP2RDF research group
Insitute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) and DBpedia Association
Events:
* *Sept. 1-5, 2014* Conference Week in Leipzig, including
** *Sept 2nd*, MLODE 2014 <http://mlode2014.nlp2rdf.org/>
** *Sept 3rd*, 2nd DBpedia Community Meeting
<http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Leipzig2014>
** *Sept 4th-5th*, SEMANTiCS (formerly i-SEMANTICS) <http://semantics.cc/>
Venha para a Alemanha como PhD: http://bis.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/csf
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://nlp2rdf.org,