[OpenWalnut-Dev] OpenWalnut in official Debian testing and sid

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Oct 10 10:56:51 CEST 2011

Hi

OpenWalnut is now not only available in NeuroDebian, but also in the official Debian testing and sid variants for different architectures (amd64,i386,armel,powerpc and others). This means, Debian user won't need NeuroDebian explicitly for OpenWalnut anymore, although I would recommend to use NeuroDebian, since I am not yet sure how fast new versions propagate from NeuroDebian to testing/sid. So, if you always want the newest packages, stay with NeuroDebian. Besides this, NeuroDebian provides a lot of other useful packages!

Architecture support is additionally nice because Android users with a parallel running Debian (as I do) can use the ARMEL packages with support for the Armel 7 EABI (hardware floating point operations). Users with an older Apple Computer can use the PowerPC packages.

See http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&arch=amd64&searchon=names&keywords=openwalnut for package details.

Bye
Sebastian

--