[OpenWalnut-Dev] So far I saw "Point Renderer" work only on Nvidia graphics

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf at vclabor.awmw.org
Sat Sep 27 16:51:54 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have wondered why the point renderer worked properly only using an
Nvidia graphics card. My Laptop (GTX 670M), a laboratory PC in the
university (Nvidia enterprise graphics), Someone other (Nvidia 540M).

Bot other graphics failed. Points were not rendered correctly. They were
depicted only as pixels and had no color although data has colors. I
have tested Ivy bridge graphics from my 3720QM Intel I7 quadcore
processor. When I have installed it on a PC with ATI HD4670, I also had
only black "pixels" although the data was colored. The point radius
setting does also nothing. I can't believe that only Nvidia graphics can
be capable of running that. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas worked so far
on both graphics when booting in Kubuntu using Wine.

I hope that this will be fixed for any graphics card out thare because
it is such an important module. I would have mailed earlier if I knew
that not only Intel graphics do not work here.

Regards,
Andreas