[OpenWalnut-Dev] Switching to C++11

Sebastian Eichelbaum openwalnut at nemtics.com
Sun Aug 16 12:32:03 CEST 2015

Hi List,

I have pushed several changes (Release Branch) to make OW compile with
--std=c++11 compiler flag. The issues where mainly related to implicit casts of
shared_ptr to bools (something like "dataValid = ( dataSet )"). I changed this
to "dataValid = ( dataSet != NULL )". Although this is not the C++11 way (we
should use nullptr), it keeps compatibility with c++98 for now, as we are not
yet sure if everything is fine on OSX (Linux + Windows was tested by me. Works
with Clang).

I would like to ask you to compile OW again. Please also test GCC and OSX.

If everything is fine, we stick with c++11.

Best
Sebastian

--
Dr. rer. nat. Sebastian Eichelbaum
Nemtics Visualization - Software | Training | Consulting
sebastian.eichelbaum at nemtics.com
+49 176 34541337
Gohliser Straße 20 - D-04105 Leipzig