[OpenWalnut-Dev] Running Openwalnut in Debian 8 Jessie

José Ángel Pineda joseangel.pineda at ctb.upm.es
Wed Jul 29 12:16:19 CEST 2015

Hi!

I have tried to install openwalnut in debian 8, but I found several
problems in doing this. I have tried three ways.

1. Neurodebian repository does not work. Giving the following output.

openwalnut-qt4 : Depende: libboost-filesystem1.54.0 pero no es instalable
                  Depende: libboost-program-options1.54.0 pero no es
instalable
                  Depende: libboost-regex1.54.0 pero no es instalable
                  Depende: libboost-system1.54.0 pero no es instalable
                  Depende: libboost-thread1.54.0 pero no es instalable
                  Depende: libopenscenegraph99 pero no es instalable
                  Recomienda: openwalnut-modules (=
1.4.0~rc1+hg3a3147463ee2-1~nd80+1) pero 1.4.0~rc2+hg221e1bcca183-1 va a ser
instalado

2. Using the deb installation files allow me to install the software. But
it crashes and freezes the computer everytime I run an isosurface (note
that I haven't tried other modules, just the navigation slices)

3. Using the source files the cmake work, but not the make.
I have tried with Openwalnut 1.3 and 1.4

My query is just to confirm that this is not a Linux version issue, and
that I should be able to run Openwalnut in Debian 8 (Jessie)

Thanks!!

José

--

José Angel Pineda Pardo

Center of Biomedical Technology (CTB)

Parque Científico y Tecnológico de la UPM

Campus de Montegancedo

28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid, ES