[OpenWalnut] Forward of moderated message

Sebastian Eichelbaum eichelbaum at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Dec 9 12:29:33 CET 2013

Hi Jen,

Welcome to OpenWalnut!

We are using the "libeep" software library (http://sourceforge.net/projects/libeep/) for loading CNT files. This is an official open-source reader/writer for CNT/AVR files. This library is officially managed by ANT Neuro.

The version we are using is quite old. There have been some improvements to this library recently that we not yet have included in OpenWalnut. I can update our implementation to the latest libeep. This probably fixes your issue.

But I also want to mention, that OpenWalnut is not a fully-fledged EEG tool. We are using EEG data not for direct display, but for input in other calculation steps. This means, you will not find all the useful EEG functionality you are used to (like those from the ANT products). In other words: OpenWalnut is a powerful visualization framework which uses EEG data for further processing. It is not a stand-alone EEG analysis tool. So, depending on what you are planning to do, I would suggest to consider using a specialized EEG tool instead of OpenWalnut. EEGlab (http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/) is nice and works with matlab and octave (the open-source matlab).

Can I get some further information?
* Which version of OpenWalnut are you using?
* Which operating system are you using?
* Are you planning to program with OpenWalnut?

With this information, I will be able to provide further support.

Best wishes,
Sebastian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Sebastian Eichelbaum