[Qrowd] QROWD - Ontos Workbench

Martin Kaltenböck m.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.at
Mi Apr 16 12:27:04 CEST 2014

Thanks Daniel - I will take care...

About the report we discussed (McKinsey):
http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/business_technology/open_data_unlocking_innovation_and_performance_with_liquid_information

Its right Elena, quality measures are not the core of the report but
mentioned as barrier for transport data - but I think its a barrier for all
open data integration
... and the following sentence is a great teaser to the overall topic (as
you know)

---
Open data--machine-readable information, particularly government data,
that's made available to others--has generated a great deal of excitement
around the world for its potential to empower citizens, change how
government works, and improve the delivery of public services. It may also
generate significant economic value, according to a new McKinsey
report.1<http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/business_technology/open_data_unlocking_innovation_and_performance_with_liquid_information#>
 Our research suggests that seven sectors alone could generate more than $3
trillion a year in additional value as a result of open data, which is
already giving rise to hundreds of entrepreneurial businesses and helping
established companies to segment markets, define new products and services,
and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
---

And as discussed as a data source we will work with we should mentioned
http://www.publicdata.eu - btw a result of LOD2...

Best - martin

> For the general remark about the wording of the Ontos product.
>
> Ontos Linked Data Information Workbench (OntosLDIW) instead of Ontos
> Workbench.
>
> Cheers, Daniel
>
> --
>

> *_________________________________________________________________________________*
>
> *Daniel Hladky, *President and CEO
>
> *Ontos AG *Mittelstrasse 24, 2560 Nidau, Switzerland
> *E* daniel.hladky at ontos.com <daniel.hladky at ontos.co%21%0d%0a%20mh>      *W
>  *www.ontos.com <http://www.ontos.comh/>
> *M* +41 79 3535043                     *T  *+41 32 3329250
>
> *_________________________________________________________________________________*
>
> This e-mail (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
> The information contained herein is intended for the use of the intended
> addressee only. Please be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> imitation, distribution, dissemination or other use of the content of this
> e-mail, either by non-intended recipients or by the intended recipient for
> any other than the intended purpose of forwarding, is prohibited. If you
> received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by
> reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your system.
> Thank you for your co-operation.  We also like to inform you that
> communication via e-mail over the Internet is insecure because third
> parties may have the possibility to access and manipulate e-mails.

Martin Kaltenböck, CMC
Managing Partner, CFO

Semantic Web Company (SWC)
Mariahilfer Strasse 70 / 8