[Qrowd] market validation

Martin Kaltenböck m.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.at
Mi Apr 16 17:26:17 CEST 2014

Hi Elena

please see inline....regards - Martin

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am now revising and aligning all work packages. I have just reviewed WPs
> 4 and 5, which require additional details as follows:
>
> - which data sources you will harvest, from where, what formats, what
> languages, what domains. I need one paragraph with very specific
> information.

WP4:
Datasets that will be harvested in WP 4 are for instance Eurostat, UN Data (
http://data.un.org/) and / or WorldBank statistical data (
http://data.worldbank.org/) but also data from e.g. GTZ (https://www.giz.de/)
or REN21 (http://www.ren21.net/) and data in the form of Thesauri as GEMET (
http://www.eionet.europa.eu/gemet/) of EEA or AGROVOC (
http://aims.fao.org/standards/agrovoc/about) of FAO or the GBPN Terminology
(http://www.gbpn.org/databases-tools/glossary).
The formats of these datasets are diverse as LOD (RDF Datacube) as well as
CSV and/or XLS files and furthermore some data harvested from web APIs and
sometimes just scrapped from websites. The mentioned Thesauri are available
mainly in RDF SKOS format and sometimes in MediaWikis or spreadsheets. The
languages that will be covered will be: English, French, Spanish, German
and Portuguese and the covered domains are: energy efficiency, renewable
energy and climate change development.

> - we need to name some partners of the REEEP network which will be
> targeted for the market validation.

--> here I have to hand over to Quinn please....

> - we need to name a customer or more of Unister in the travel domain for
> the market validation.
>
> Please send this information via email to the list today.
>
> Elena
>
> --
> Dr. Elena Simperl
> Senior Lecturer