[W12.bis.dssnp] Semweb and FreedomBox

Sebastian Tramp tramp at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Di Dez 11 19:04:13 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 09:09:48PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I have nodejs backported to wheezy at http://debian.jones.dk but only for
> i386 and amd64 for now - would it be helpful for you guys that I make
> a backport for armhf too, or do you use sid for your work?

Currently I am on wheezy and I use the package provided by cannellony in our
practical git repository [1]

> Will you be doing your developing on Debian Sid, or will you need
> backports for Wheezy?

Not decided yet. I think we will start thinking about packaging in a later
stage.

> I recommend you to work on Sid, and then only later - when your code
> stabilizes - consider backporting to Wheezy for wider consumption.  But
> please do tell me if for some reason you need everything in Wheezy early on
> - then I shall try do my best to provide it.

thank you but the development of dssn.js is in a really early stage. this means
everything can change quickly and we do not want to waste your time. Am I right
that you ask for dependencies which we would otherwise install with npm?

> Please also tell me if you need some help using Node - e.g. if you need
> some Node libraries not yet packaged officially for Debian, or have
> trouble figuring out how to best structure and package your own code as
> a packaged daemon.

ok

> NB! You might benefit from the remarks about code quality of Node-base
> libraries shared here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rww/2012Dec/0014.html

thank you

Best regards